Ioli ANDREADI was born in Athens, Greece.
She is a freelance theatre director and she writes plays.
She specialises in devising, adaptations of ancient drama and new writing.
She has worked on the dialogue between ancient drama and musical theatre as a Fulbright grantee.
She worked as the Artistic Director of One-Way Eutopia from 2007 to 2011.
She is a founding member of the World Wide Lab ( http://worldwidelab.wordpress.com/about/ )
2013, Ph.D. in English, King's College London, UK
2008, Specialised in Directing MA T&P RADA and King's College London, UK
2007, MA in Cultural Politics and Management, Panteion University, Athens, Greece
2005, BA in Theatre Studies University of Athens, Greece
2003, 3-year Acting Diploma Greek Art Theatre, Athens, Greece
- Stavros Niarchos Cultural Center, workshop leader, Devised Theatre; Ancient Drama, Athens, 2014
- Booze cooperativa, Centre of Drama and Spectacle of Panteion University, two workshops, ritual; devised theatre (co-led with with F. Kanakaris)
- EU Youth in Action, UK group leader, two-week workshop: Theatre and the EU crisis, Sifnos, 2013
- King's College London, Performance Research Group, MA Theatre and Performance Studies, workshop on site-specificity as a Guest Lecturer, London, 2011
- University of Greenwich, BA Hons Drama, workshop on staging new writing as a Guest Lecturer, London, 2011
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, Department of Theater, workshop on Devised Theatre and Ancient Drama, New York, 2010
- Colt Coeur, workshops on the Greek Chorus to Equity actors, co-led with Jay Stern, New York, 2010
- City Center Studios, New York Musical Theatre Festival, Masterclass on the dialogue between Ancient Tragedy and Musical Theatre, co-led with composer Erato A. Kremmyda, New York, 2010
- 3rd State Award for New Playwright, 'In Town', Greece, 2005.
- Trained actress, worked from 2003-2009.
- Co-author of "When the heartbeats change", with actress Katia Gerou, ed. Kaleidoskopio, 2010.
- Translator of "A brief history of death" by Douglas Davies, ed. Polytropon, 2005.
- She has written theatre reviews and articles for websites, presented papers (Performance Studies International Conference, Utrecht 2011; Aberystwyth University, 2013)
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation grantee, World Wide Lab 2013
- Member of the Greek Fulbright Selection Committee 2011/12
- Fulbright for Artists 2010/11
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation grantee, Lincoln Center Theater Director's Lab in 2009 and 2010
- Member of the Art Theatre Karolos Koun Repertory Committee 2010/11
- Alexander S. Onassis Foundation grantee 2009-13
- Member of the Lincoln Center Theater Director's Lab
- 3rd Greek State Award for New Playwright 2005
ANY OTHER INFORMATION
- Profile on my 2010 Fulbright grant, The National Herald
- Showreel-in-progress; contains excerpts from The Sleep Illness, Epidemic, two works-in-progress and a workshop
- Review on 'The Return of The Exile', British Theatre Guide
- Review on 'Epidemic'
UPCOMING DIRECTING CREDITS
2014 Director, Theatre, Not every asshole can, by Kimon Rigopoulos, Semeion Theatre, Athens, Greece
2014 Director, Theatre, King Lear, William Shakespeare, Teatro Due, Rome, Italy
2014 Director as part of the group We Work for the Lady, Theatre, Winchester's widow (scratch), by Eirini Sourgiadaki, concept Dimitra Liakoura, Bob Theatre Festival, Bios, Athens, Greece
2014 Director, Theatre, The blind pig of Paulo Koehlo, by George Angelopoulos, 24 Hour Plays Athens, lykofos.gr, Theatro Kappa, Athens, Greece
2013 Director, Theatre, The Interrogation by Yasmine Van Wilt, staged reading act up, Sifnos Cultural Center, Greece
2013 Director, with Jay Stern Theatre, Agamemnon, adaptation by Meg S. Lawless, World Wide Lab, Irondale Center, NY, USA
2013 Director/Playwright, Theatre Kassia, Television Control Centre (KET), Athens, Greece
2012 Director, with Jay Stern, Theatre, The Oresteia project, adaptation by Meg S. Lawless, World Wide Lab: A Director's Feast In residence at the Irondale, NY, USA
2012 Director, Theatre, Erase the Day We Met by Pauline Peyrade, staged reading, English Theatre Berlin, Lab for Playwrights, English Theatre Berlin Studio, Berlin, Germany
2011 Director, with Jay Stern, Theatre, The Oresteia project World Wide Lab: A Director's Festival in residence at The Watermill Center, NY, USA
2011 Director/Deviser, Theatre, The return of the exile, One Way-Eutopia, The Yard Theatre, London, UK
2010 Director, with Gabriella Willenz, Theatre, Game/Show, work in progress, One Way-Eutopia, Greystone Hotel, NY, USA
2010 Director, with Jay Stern, Theatre, work-in-progress on the Greek Chorus, Colt Coeur, Brooklyn, NY, USA
2010 Workshop Leader, Director, Theatre, Choral Odes Master Class - adaptation of The Bacchae NYMF City Center Studios, NY, USA
2010 Director/Deviser, Theatre, Me a woman of many sins, work-in-progress, Lincoln Center Theater, Director's Lab, NY, USA
2010 Director/Deviser, Theatre, The return of the exile; they did not expect him, One Way-Eutopia RADA, London, UK; Athinais, Athens, Greece; Lincoln Center Theatre, NY, USA
2009 Director, with Tzu-chun Chou, Theatre, Les Amants Heureux N'Ont Pas D' Histoire, One Way-Eutopia, Southwark Playhouse (Secrets), London, UK
2008-2009 Director/Deviser, Theatre, Epidemic, One Way-Eutopia, RADA London; Forest Fringe Edinbourgh; Southwark Playhouse (Secrets), London, UK
2009 Director, Theatre, Valuing Yourself at 25 Euros Per Day by Deborah Pearson, The Miniaturists, Arcola Theatre, London, UK
2008 Director/Playwright, Theatre, Best Friends Forever, adaptation by Deborah Pearson, One Way-Eutopia, Old Red Lion Theatre, London, UK
2008 Co-Director, Theatre III ancient and II modern tragedies devised, No More Masterpieces, Forest Fringe Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
2007-2008 Assistant Director, Theatre, Man Equals Man, RADA, London, UK
2006-2007 Assistant Director, Theatre, The Meek One, The new STAGE, Athens, Greece
2007 Director/Playwright, Theatre, In Town One Way-Eutopia, Semeion Theatre, Athens, Greece
2006 Director/Playwright, Theatre, The Wilde Rose, The Sleepers, Thyra Technis, Athens, Greece
2003-2004 Director/Playwright, Theatre, The Sleep Illness, The Sleepers, Semeion Theatre, Studio Ledra, Athens, Greece